What are the hottest new apps and games on the App Store right now? These!
There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it’s impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don’t have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we’ll have the best of the best new apps and games waiting for you!
Best new apps
As we settle in to a new month and the height of summer, we’ve got a new group of apps to help distract you from the heat. We’ve found new ways to keep families connected, and Nike’s put a personal shopper right in our pocket. Apple‘s latest app will help you manage your summer binge sessions, and a new service has found an innovative way to book a stay while you travel.
>> See more:
- Apple Store – Apple has made some substantial updates to its store app. The app now offers personalized product recommendations based on the Apple devices you already own, and you can even scan items at select Apple Stores for more information about them. –
- Disney Mix – This is a new messaging app straight from the House of Mouse, offering you and your friends a Disney-themed chat experience. You can send each other stickers based on Disney characters, get Disney-related news sent straight to you, and more.
- Picniic – A new app for keeping your family organized, Picniic offers shared calendars and to-do lists, family news, and other features to help you keep up with your family. Can be viewed on iPhone, iPad, and the web.
- Love Home Swap – Helps you find people across the world to swap homes with while you travel. You get a two week free trial when you sign up, and you can browse over 95,000 available listings.
Best new games
Make your way through a dark world to find an elusive girl with the help of a magical bunny. Solve puzzles as you journey through a dark and mysterious forest. Search for your family as a one-armed warrior in a nightmare world. Explore a horror-tinged puzzle title about a boy with a glowing head.
- Albert & Otto – This dark adventure, player character Albert is tossed into 1939 Germany, tasked with finding a girl with the ears of a bunny. Use Albert and the magical bunny companion Otto to move through the world, solving puzzles and dodging danger. – $0.99
- Road Not Taken – You take the role of a hunter moving through a dangerous forest in this puzzle game. You’ll need to use your wits to conquer each randomly-generated level. – $4.99
- Severed – View this game’s nightmare world through the eyes of Sasha as she endeavors to find her family. You’ll gain new abilities throughout your trek as you solve puzzles, find new secrets, and fight monsters. – $5.99
- Bulb Boy – Your illuminated avatar is tasked with saving his family in this point-and-tap horror game. You’ll need to guide him in defeating his share of monsters to unlock new abilities as the game unfolds. – $2.99
With this week’s featured apps, the App Store heads to Rio for the Olympics. There are some apps to help you keep up with the games, while other apps help you train like the athletes heading there.
- Team USA – The official app for the U.S. Olympic team offers you news and insight into the games. Get profiles of U.S. athletes, real-time results from events, and breaking news.
- NBC Olympics – NBC’s dedicated app for the Rio Games, NBC Olympics offers real-time results and medal standings, TV and live streaming schedules, and a second-screen experience for primetime events. Also deep links to the NBC Sports app for live streaming coverage.
- Lucid – This app provides mental workouts aimed at athletes. While you’ll need to pay $9.99 a month or $99.99 per year for the service, you can download the app and get five free workouts for free.
- Nike+ Training Club – Offering over 100 workouts from notable athletes and trainers, Training Club lets you find the right personal workout plan, no matter your level of fitness or skill. You can easily track runs, share your sessions with friends, and more.