Science fiction movies are one of those genres that people just cannot get enough of. They appeal to the need that people have to believe that there is something else out there besides us. When people need something to believe in they either lean towards religion or science. Those that lean towards science love these types of films.
People also like to ask, “what if…” in different ways. Science fiction movies allow people to open up their imaginations to all sorts of possibilities. What if there is life on other planets? What if that life came here to Earth? What if that life form was bad? What if that life form was good? All of these questions are things we ask ourselves and these types of movies allow us to explore the possibilities.
Science fiction movies are often full of things that we like in movies. There is suspense and excitement. There are battle scenes and sometimes even romance. The storytelling is often of high quality and thought provoking questions are addressed. These films often address issues like ethics and philosophy and can make us think for days on end.
There are many great science fiction movies out there and they appeal to a wide audience. If you have never watched sci fi flicks before check out some of these classic movies:
- The Matrix Trilogy: This trilogy of science fiction movies follows Neo and his friends as it addresses the question, What if this life isn’t real? What if we have another life and the life we think we are living is just a dream?
- The Star Wars Movies: This series of movies kept sci-fi fans on the edge of their seats for over a decade with movies that brought together love, ethics, power, the battle for right and wrong, and of course, exploration of the universe.
- The Star Trek Movies: Over the past several decades there have been many Star Trek movies made. The older movies are as fascinating as the new ones and the characters pull you in.
- Planet of the Apes: The first movie was made in 1968 made us think about what would have happened if we had not completely evolved. A remake of the original movie was made in 2001.
- E.T.: This is one of the first movies that made people think of aliens in a positive way. Children and adults alike fell in love with this sweet extra-terrestrial that just wanted to go home.
(Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5379622)